Skip to main content

Auto Accidents / Personal Injury / Injured Workers

Auto Accidents / Personal Injury / Injured Workers

Workers Compensation Injuries Westbury Total Health Care knows it's crucial for injured workers to get well and return to work as soon as they can. Work-related injuries can take a toll on health, family and finances. Our board certified physicians in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Chiropractic will design a treatment program to improve your strength, flexibility and restore proper function to that affected body part. Work related injuries can be either neurological or orthopedic (musculoskeletal) affecting the soft tissues (ligaments & tendons), muscles or bones/joints of the body. Our team of physical, occupational therapists and chiropractic will work with you one-on-one to reduce or eliminate pain and return the individual to a pre injury status. At Westbury Total Health Care, a dedicated Workers' Compensation Coordinator will communicate with nurse case managers, referring physicians, insurance adjusters and employers on your behalf.Call or email our Workers' Compensation Coordinator at 516-333-3253.

How do I find an attorney who is familiar with Auto Accidents and Personal injury?

Answer: We can refer you to several attorneys in the area that specialize in Personal Injury Claims and who have assisted our patients in the past?

I injured myself at work. What should I do?

Answer: You should immediately report the injury to your supervisor, and should ask to complete a written incident report. Be sure to obtain a copy of this report for yourself. Note the names of any witnesses. Then seek medical attention from a chiropractic physician of your choice as early as possible. When you do so, provide a detailed description of your job and the manner in which you were injured.

Should I file a workers' compensation claim? Why can't I bill my private insurance?

Answer: Yes, you should file a workers' compensation claim. Your private insurance will not cover injuries that appear to be work related. If you change jobs, your insurance is likely to change. A new insurance carrier may not cover problems that appear to be pre-existing. A workers' compensation claim will remain open, however, even if you change jobs.

How do I file a claim?

Answer: You should obtain a First Report of Injury (FROI) form from your employer. It is the injured worker's responsibility to provide the sufficient information to approve your claim. Failure to do so will result in a denial of your claim. You should be prepared to provide all of your medical records and a statement from your chiropractic physician stating the history of your injury, your diagnosis, a treatment plan, and most importantly, whether your physician feels that your injuries are related to your employment.

Do not make the mistake of believing that your claims manager, the hearing officer, or your employer's attorney will try to protect your rights. If you have questions about your rights, you should seek the advice of an attorney who is familiar with the worker's compensation system. Generally, workers' compensation attorneys offer a free initial consultation and will not charge you an attorney fee unless you receive an award under your claim.

How do I find an attorney who is familiar with the workers' compensation system?

Answer: We can refer you to several attorneys in the area that specialize in Workers' Compensation Claims and who have assisted our patients in the past.