Physical therapy is a health care specialty involved with evaluating, diagnosing, and treating disorders of the musculoskeletal system. The ultimate goal of physical therapy is to restore maximal functional independence to each individual patient. To achieve this goal, physical modalities such as exercise, heat, cold, electric stimulation, and massage are utilized.
Who can benefit from Physical Therapy?
Common conditions that our highly trained physical therapists treat are found below:
Sports Injuries: From the adolescent athlete to the high school, college and professional level athlete, even the weekend warrior. Westbury Total Health Care is a sports oriented facility geared toward getting you back into the game.
Post Operative Cases: There is a time for protective healing and a time for aggressive rehabilitation. We walk the patient through this continuum to help make your surgery as successful as possible.
Neurological Impairments: Stroke rehabilitation, Parkinson's disease, vestibular disorders, etc. We have a strong background in helping you achieve your optimum functional levels.
Geriatric: We are a Medicare facility who appreciates the needs not only of the young, but also the young at heart.
Pediatric: The younger patients need to be properly motivated to rehabilitate successfully. We know how to make physical therapy fun for kids, healing and not even realizing they are working.
Spine & Extremities: Our physical therapists are all trained in the latest, most effective techniques to assist patients in achieving their goals. From neck pain to herniated discs, low back pain, to sciatica, we know how to help people get back to their daily routines as quickly as possible.
Preventative Care: The best way to treat injury is to prevent it from happening. We can set up programs for balance, agility, body mechanics and general conditioning to help the healthy person remain that way. Those programs are offered on a cash basis.
Work Injury: We are experts in treating the workers compensation patient to help him or her return to work as quickly as possible. Not only do we treat the injury, but we look at the course of injury, and offer suggestions to the patient and the employer about ways to prevent future incidents.
- Auto Accidents: We see countless patients who have been injured in auto accidents. We know how and when to progress this population appropriately to modulate pain, restore mobility and return to full function.
Types of therapy we provide:
- Manual Therapy
- Balance Training & Re-Education
- Pre & Post Surgical
- Back Re-Education
- Light Therapy
- Spinal Rehabilitation
- Gait Training
- Adolescent Rehabilitation
- Foot & Ankle Rehabilitation
- Neurological Rehabilitation
- Soft Tissue Mobilizations
- Funtional Re-Education
- Movement Awareness & Re-Education
- ADL Training & Re-Education
- Hand Therapy
- Myofascial Release
- Mulligan Concept Techniques
- Total Motion Release
- Primal Reflex Release Technique
- Athletic Injuries, Return to Sport
- Arthritis (Osteoarthritis & Rheumatoid Arthritis)
- Inflammatory Conditions (i.e. Bursitis, Tendonitis, Tennis Elbow, Golfer’s Elbow)
- Chronic Pain Syndrome
- Pelvic Abnormalities
- Degenerative Disk Disease
- Muscular Imbalances
- Degenerative Joint Disease
- Leg Length Discrepancies
- Back Pain
- TMJ Dysfunction
- Neck Pain
- Pre & Post Surgical
- Nerve Impingements, Entrapments
- Headaches / Migraines
- Work-Related Injuries
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Shoulder & Extremity Dysfunction
- Bunionectomy Surgery
- Foot/Ankle Conditions (Plantar Fasciitis, Fractures)